Oil Heating and oil-fired boilers
For households that are not connected to the gas network, oil-fired boilers provide a clean, efficient and cost effective alternative.
Whilst gas is supplied through a largely invisible network of pipes directly to your appliances, oil has to be delivered and stored in a tank in order to fuel an oil-fired central heating boiler. Apart from this key difference, the ways in which oil-fired boilers work to supply heating is very similar to gas-fired boilers:
Oil-fired boiler – water is stored in a cylinder and a water tank. Hot water is stored and made available throughout the house, but it isn’t instantaneous; once hot water runs out it will need to heat up again.
Oil-fired combination boiler – these have the advantage of providing hot water on demand without requiring a water tank. Oil-fired boilers are slightly slower to heat water than their gas counterparts, however, and so are better suited to smaller properties.
Condensing oil-fired boiler – this is a highly energy-efficient boiler which captures heat from the flue and re-uses it, which is excellent news for your fuel bills.
Advantages of Oil-fired Boilers:
- Oil is, without doubt, one of the cheaper ways to heat your home. Prices have fallen year on year since 2014. Heating costs for the average home, consuming around 12,500 kWh a year, currently stand at £368.
- Oil is one of the most efficient fuels available for heating your home, offering up to 90% efficiency in modern condensing boilers.
- Oil-fired boilers provide all the same controls as a modern gas-fired system.
- Oil-fired boiler installation is usually straightforward and quick.
- There are a range of modern oil-fired boiler models to choose from.
GPS Oil Boiler Service
Whether you are considering an oil-fired boiler installation, an oil boiler replacement, or you require oil boiler repairs, GPS Plumbing and Heating Engineers in Bedford have the experience and skills to offer advice, diagnose problems and provide an effective solution fast.
All our oil boiler engineers are Worcester Accredited Installers; this means that we are accredited to install the full range of Worcester oil-fired boilers to the highest standard. Additionally, all our engineers and installers are Gas Safe registered, which means that you are guaranteed the very best advice, craftsmanship, and service from beginning to end.
GPS Servicing and Maintenance Plans
Oil-fired boilers require annual servicing in order to ensure they continue to run efficiently over their lifetime. Our oil boiler engineers will be happy to provide clients with oil boiler service plans, which include rapid response for oil boiler repairs where necessary.